- County Departments
- Board of County Commisioners
- County Clerk
- County Counselor
- 9-1-1 Emergency Communications
- Emergency Management
- Health Dept.
- Public Works
- Register of Deeds
- Treasurer/Auto Tag
- Contact Us
Child Care Licensing Program
The goal of the Child Care Licensing Program is to reduce the risk of predictable harm to children while in out-of-home settings. The health department's child care licensing program works with all child care providers in Labette County to ensure children within our community receive safe, high quality child care.
* Provide information to those interested in becoming licensed child care providers.
* Initial inspections of a day care home or center to verify compliance with state regulations.
* On-site annual inspections of licensed facilities.
* Investigation of complaints
According to Kansas Child Care Licensing Law, anyone providing care for children out of their home, other than those related by blood, marriage, or adoption must be licensed with the Kansas Dept of Health & Environment.
Prior to applying for a child care license, prospective providers must:
* Have a high school diploma or GED and
* Required to attend a New Provider Orientation
Child Care Orientation
The orientation session discusses all information pertinent for obtaining a license, to include training requirements, licensing requirements, etc. It is also time for prospective providers to bring questions or concerns for discussion. To register for an orientation session contact the health department.
For questions or information regarding child care licensing in Labette County or to report a concern regarding illegal child care or a licensed child care facility, please contact health department at 620-421-4350 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org